President Zelenskiy urges citizens to keep patriotic spirit alive; Kyiv government vows to resist cyberattacks after banks and defence ministry targeted
- Russian pledge of troop withdrawals met with widespread scepticism
- Biden: Ukraine invasion still ‘distinctly possible’ despite Russian claims
- German Chancellor welcomes pull back of some troops
- Boris Johnson says Russia is sending ‘mixed signals’ on Ukraine
- Russia confirms ‘partial’ withdrawal of troops from Ukraine border
- Duma manoeuvre points to Kremlin impatience in Ukraine standoff
- Kyiv starts to breathe a little easier as Russian troops pull back
China may take advantage of the Ukraine crisis and do something “provocative” in Asia while western powers are focused on defusing tensions with Russia, a US general has warned.
General Kenneth Wilsbach, the head of US Pacific air forces, noted that China had aligned itself with Russia in the crisis, Agence France-Presse reports.
From the standpoint of will China see what’s happening in Europe and… try to do something here in the Indo-Pacific – absolutely yes, that’s a concern.
I do have my concerns that they would want to take advantage.